The Seniors programme is provided to cultivate athletes into the Surf Lifesaving Movement and become lifeguards. It will provide the best possible training environment for our athletes to develop and grow, culminating in medals at Senior Competitions.
Training times: Winter Training Programme
Ski:At various venues
Ski:At various venues
|2-3pm Pool Champs training:Mount College Pool|
- Bay Of Plenty Winter Series #1. Saturday 9th September 9:00AM. Mount Maunganui Lifeguard Service, Eastern – Bay of Plenty
- Eastern Region Pool Championships. Saturday 23 September 12:00PM – Sunday 24th September 3:00PM.Venue: Te Rapa Waterworld Pool
- New Zealand Pool Championships.Friday 13 October – Sunday 15 October.Sir Owen G Glenn National Aquatic Centre, AUT Millenium, Auckland, National
- BOP Winter Series #2.Saturday 21 October 9:00AM.Omanu Beach SLSC, Eastern – Bay of Plenty
- BOP Winter Series #3.Saturday 18 November 9:00AM.Papamoa SLSC, Eastern – Bay of Plenty
- 2017 International Surf Rescue Challenge. Thursday 30 November – Sunday 3 December 2017.Main Beach, Mount Maunganui, 21 Adams Avenue, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga, National.For more information about the International Surf Rescue Challenge, head to the ISRC 2017 page.
- Whangamata Classic.Saturday 9 December – Sunday 10 December. Eastern – Coromandel
- Mount Monster. Saturday 16 December 8:00AM.Eastern – Bay of Plenty
- Bay of Plenty & Gisborne Senior Championships. Saturday 13 January 8:00AM – Sunday 14 January 4:00PM.Midway SLSC, Eastern – Gisborne
- Placemakers Omanu Beach Day of Champions. Sunday 21 January 2018
- Eastern Region Championships – Seniors. Friday 26 January 4:00PM – Sunday 28 January 3:00PM.Mount Maunganui LGS, Eastern – Bay of Plenty
- Eastern Region Championships – Masters.Saturday 17 February 8:00AM.Omanu Beach SLSC, Eastern – Bay of Plenty
- New Zealand Surf Life Saving Championships (Nationals).Thursday 15 March – Sunday 18 March.Midway SLSC, Gisborne, National
OBSLSC provides as much equipment as it can to athletes to conduct training at the highest level. Funding is always sought to try and provide this.
Athletes who are a part of the Senior / Masters Athletes squad are required to pay a Sports Fee of $100 dollars for the 2016/2017 season. This cost will cover athlete’s board allocation, board repairs and the use of the clubrooms.
Athletes are also now required to pay a $100 Coaching fee to train under the programmes provided by our Head Coach, Assistant Coach or Sprint Coach
Payment can be made at registration time or through the club office.
Boards are provided for the athletes use. A gear allocation form needs to be filled out signed and returned before any board is allocated. Boards are allocated with consideration to results, commitment to training and attitude. For example at the beginning of a new season athletes will be ranked/grouped according to who medalled, consistently made finals, trained hard and displayed commitment.
Athletes are required to purchase club togs and a cap for racing. These items can be purchased through the club office.
A safety vest is provided at the start of the season once an athlete’s training fee has been paid for. Loss of the safety vest will require the individual to purchase their next one.
A safety vest MUST be worn when in the water at trainings as well as during competitions.
Wetsuit gear is also essential during the months leading up to summer. Appropriate wetsuit gear can be purchased from our sponsor Mount Surf Shop.